The abstracts submission site is now closed
Submission Deadline: October 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST
Authors notified of acceptance/rejection: No later than January 16, 2017
Submission of refereed final manuscripts in Track B: No later than February 10, 2017
Submission of proceedings papers in Track P: No later than February 16, 2017
ICC 2017 invites presentations on a wide range of cartographic and geographic information science (GIScience) themes for ICC 2017, July 2-7, 2017 in Washington, DC. Submissions will be accepted online only until October 26, 2016 at 11:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, using the online submission form. Prior to beginning the submission process you will be prompted to create a Login ID and Password. Please keep the Login ID and Password until the close of the submission process: you may want to log in and make changes before the closing date. Authors will be notified of acceptance/rejection no later than January 20, 2017.
Submissions will be assessed on their originality, interest to cartographers, and likelihood of advancing the discipline. Submissions may be technical or creative, scientific or experiential, individual or institutional in scope and approach. Submissions and optional papers will be assessed on how well they demonstrate a clear goal of relevance to cartography, use of systematic investigation or methods, completeness of results or recommendations, and significance of conclusions.
- People who wish to be considered as presenters during ICC 2017 for the Scientific Program, will need to submit a proposal for consideration in the electronic submission site. Please scroll down and click on the link to begin your presentation now.
- Presentation format options are oral paper or poster.
- There are two tracks for submitting your presentation. The Book Track (B) requires submission of a short abstract and full paper. The Proceedings Track (P) requires submission of a long initial abstract. Tracks B and P submission details are explained within the instructions: Click here to view the required submission fields.
To simplify your submission process, please have all of your materials together prior to entering your presentation.
- Presentation Title: Use key words that describe the specific topic and content of the abstract. Catch phrases can be used but need to include a reference to the topic.
- Presentation Track:
TRACK B – Book Track: Paper or Poster Presentation with Publication in Refereed Springer Book
Submit your full paper by October 26, 2016. Abstracts for the Book Track (B) are short because they are also included at the start of the full paper, which is submitted concurrently. The abstract format is a single paragraph limited to 250 words. Please be clear in the stating a goal of relevance to cartography and/or GIScience for the presentation. Outline the methods used or manner of investigation. Report the most salient results and conclusions or recommendations arising from the work. These points will be more fully explained in the submitted paper. Do not include references or figures in the short abstract.
Manuscripts for the refereed full papers are prepared following Track B guidelines here.
An example Word template for Track B formatting of manuscripts is linked. Manuscripts are submitted for review at the same time as abstracts.
TRACK P – Proceedings Track: Paper or Poster Presentation with Optional Paper in Online Proceedings
Abstracts for the Proceedings Track (P) are longer, filling approximately one letter-size page single spaced text and limited to 600 words. Please be clear in introducing the presentation topic and demonstrating a clear goal of relevance to cartography and/or GIScience for the presentation. Briefly explain the systematic character of your investigation or methods. Report on the results and conclusions of the work, or recommendations arising from it, by including concrete information–not a vague overview of proposed contributions. Use of paragraphing within this page of abstract text is encouraged and section headings are helpful to reviewers. Full references are not expected, though you may choose to cite others’ works with author and date information.
Final papers for the online Proceedings Track (not refereed) are optional and are submitted later, after abstract acceptance. They are due by the February conference registration deadline for all presenters. Track P papers are prepared following Track P guidelines here.
The Word template for Track P formatting of papers is linked (this is a different format than for Track B). If Track P papers are not submitted, long abstracts for presentations will be included in the online proceedings.
- What type of presentation is this?
- Oral Abstract (paper)
- Poster Presentation
- Themes for Submission: You will be asked to choose one, two, or three themes from the list of options to assist in reviewer selection and grouping of presentations. Click here to review conference themes.
- Presenter Information: This information will be requested of each individual submitting a presentation. As the primary presenter and submitter, you will also be required to submit information regarding co-authors and presenters.
Presenter contact information includes:
- First (Given) Name
- Last (Family) Name
- Mailing Address
- Short Biography
You may draft your proposal before submitting online and you may also edit your submission by logging back into your account until the submission deadline of October 26, 2016.
At the close of the Call for Presentations submission deadline, all presentations will be reviewed by the Program Committee to determine which presentations will be accepted. The Program Committee reserves the right to accept presentations into themes other than the once selected by the submitter during the submission process.
- You will be notified of your acceptance or rejection in January 2017.
- It is expected that all presenters adhere to policies and deadlines established to ensure accurate and timely information to ICC 2017.
- Primary Presenters responsible for communicating with co-presenters all submission deadlines and details (if applicable).
- ICC 2017 presenters are required to electronically agree to speaker terms and conditions outlined in the submission site.
Direct questions to the conference department at 703-964-1240 x190 or via email at ICC2017program@conferencemanagers.com.
Deadline for online submission: October 26, 2016.