Current undergraduate and graduate students are invited to apply for and participate as student assistants at the 2017 International Cartographic Conference in Washington DC. Students are an integral part of ICC 2017 and student assistants will play an important role in the success of the Conference. Student will be able to work flexible hours and avail the benefits of complimentary student registration.
**Update (May 1st); All student assistantships are currently filled**
- Up to 20 student assistant internship positions are available
- All student assistants must work a minimum of 22 hours, split into increments of six or less, during the week of the conference
- All assistants must arrive by Sunday, July 2, 2017 and depart no earlier than Friday July 7, 2017
- Students who apply for a Student Assistantship MUST be available to serve during the entire week of the conference (Sunday, July 2 through Friday, July 7, 2017).
- To apply, complete the ICC student assistant application using the link below
- Student membership in CAGIS is encouraged but not required
- You must be registered at least half time (full time preferred) for classes during the 2016 spring semester / term.
- Submit an application, along with an essay outlining your interest in this position, a faculty recommendation, and proof of registration for the spring 2016 semester.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 5 hours a day on all days of the conference.
Students who are accepted to serve as Student Assistants receive:
- Complimentary lodging (two students share a room) from Sunday, July 2, 2017 – Friday, July 7, 2017 ($500 value)
- Complimentary conference registration ($300 value)
Any student accepted to serve as a Student Assistant must be able to cover their own transportation to and from the conference. Proof of travel confirmation will be requested from student assistants by June 1, 2017.
For questions regarding student opportunities please contact:
Dr. Rakesh Malhotra, ICC Student Assistant Coordinator